On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 01:03:53 +0200
"Andreas K. Huettel" <dilfri...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Am Dienstag, 28. August 2012, 00:19:28 schrieb Michał Górny:
> > Right now, it just contains the function Tiziano listed in his
> > post[1]. I'd appreciate further ideas, feedback, and possibly an
> > example from someone who will actually need it.
>
> How about a function that just outputs the entire required dependency
> string? Such that we can (similar to add_kdebase_dep) write
>
> DEPEND="$(add_boost_dep)"

No, that won't work (soon). Boost is going to be split into smaller
parts, so I don't want to introduce any dependency generation API which
will have to change then.

> (Probably we may want to pass parameters here for useflags and
> version, here's the doc for kdebase_dep from kde4-functions.eclass
> (and for boost we would not need a package name):

Yes, and that makes it utterly pointless to have a function which just
converts some random magic string to random magic string + one word :P.

I'd rather give ${BOOST_PKG} to be used in *DEPEND if someone feels
that being really necessary. But as I said, it's going to be more
libraries soon.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny