On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Sylvain Alain <d2racing...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone, I don't want to start a flamewar on that subject, but I would
> like to know if there's any official position about the current situation.

There is not.  But thanks for starting the flamewar just the same.  :)

> I saw on the forum this thread :
> https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-934678-highlight-.html and maybe it
> could be part of a solution to have OpenRC and udev together.

I'm sure nobody would object to somebody putting it in the tree -
somebody just has to do it, or start their own overlay.  The systemd
folks would seem to prefer to just bundle udev with systemd anyway,
making it a virtual.

Gentoo is about choice.

Perhaps some day installing a sysvinit implementation will be like
installing a cron daemon.  Or, perhaps it will become a nightmare as
the various forks all strive to make life as difficult as possible for
anybody using the "wrong" one.

> So, is there any developments lately ?

Uh, probably only about 500 emails in the last two months.  I'd
suggest reading the archives, but they'll probably look like the
archives on every other distro -dev mailing list.

Rich