Hi!

On Thu, 30 Aug 2012, Duncan wrote:
> Now, for worst-case comparison, on the same machine, what's the
> respective times for a full systemd build?  (I'm not saying actually
> merge it, just configure/compile, plus see the next paragraph.)

I think my first set of numbers illustrates that: just running
"make" should be a full build, AIUI. For that scenario (and the
machine in question, the factor was somewhere between 9 and 10
times slower for a full build.

> So far, the results are encouraging.  Higher times, but not THAT much
> higher, with the new version.  But if the worst happens and we really DO
> end up building all of systemd and then throwing most of it away, what's
> the relative times for THAT?  That's actually what I was asking earlier,
> and this gets us part way to the answers, but not all the way.
>
> Regardless, thanks, this is considerably more solid information than was
> available earlier, and not everyone has a geode to actually do the test
> on, so these numbers are a real contribution to the available
> information, indeed! =:^)

I'll try the whole thing again sometime later this week (in my
copious free time!).

Regards,
Tobias