On Sun, 2 Sep 2012 17:23:40 +0200
Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> An effective SDEPEND implementation is definitely nowhere close
> to simple. Nor is presenting those dependencies to users.

Indeed it's not, but we *do* have a reference implementation and lots
of practical experience with it, and we have worked out all the
difficulties.

Having said that, if we're going with suggested dependencies for EAPI 5
(which I strongly suspect won't happen, since we seem to be wanting
EAPI 5 now rather than in several years time...) then there's a lot
more to getting it right than is mentioned in the original post, and it
needs to be written up properly.

--
Ciaran McCreesh