On 13 September 2012 06:48, Ulrich Mueller <u...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> For SANDBOX_*, while that's a PM internal, that's a bit of a grey
>> zone; regardless, we can actually address that via extending the
>> sandbox functions a bit:
>>
>> addwrite [-r|--remove] pathway # for example, to do a removal.

It's nice to be able to do
    local SANDBOX_WRITE=${SANDBOX_WRITE}
and then allow bash to restore the old value at the end of the
function, regardless of how it exits.  It's not the end of the world
to lose this, but it would be a bit of a shame IMHO - having to do it
manually seems a little error-prone.

>> For instances where the sandbox needs to be turned off for a command-
>> we do the same thing we did w/ nonfatal;
>>
>> sandboxless <the command and args>
>
> To start the bikeshedding: For some reason I associate "less (the
> pager) in a sandbox" with this. ;-) Maybe "nosandbox" or "sandboxoff"?

"sansbox"?  *flees*