Hi,

After more than 5 years maintaining it (sh*t I'm old), I've
progressively lost interest in it, to the point that I consider it is
better that someone else takes care of it. So far I have dropped
maintainership to the video herd but vlc usually needs more specific
attention, so I fear that it may not survive long if left as
such.

From what I've read in various places, I'm pretty sure there are
competent fellow devs interested in it, so, please step up!
I will of course help the brave(s) that would take it over with what
they may need to know to be at ease with the package.

Alexis.