On Mon, 24 Sep 2012 17:44:33 -0700
Matt Turner <matts...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 24, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Alexis Ballier <aball...@gentoo.org>
> wrote:
> > On Tue, 25 Sep 2012 00:10:21 +0200
> > Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> >> How can an eclass call a phase function while eclass needs to be
> >> called from the phase function to call the phase function...?
> >>

> > Read again. Esp. the part you deleted.
> > I never said it should do this, on purpose...
> >

> I'm especially confused by what your point is. I can't see how your
> snippet could ever work, and you're being evasive about answering
> that.

both of you are putting words in my mouth then: obviously, if you call
your eclass multilib and the above function multilib_src_compile and
then pass it through EXPORT_FUNCTIONS, then it will loop.

let me copy paste what i wrote for you:

"""
then, in a future EAPI, let the PM call src_multilib_compile instead
of src_compile if multilib is requested.
"""

nothing more...