> Nobody asked you to rollback months of work just because a few people
> can't deal with the way you submit your logs.

Actually somebody did, suggesting I shouldn't file bugs until the log's
attached. And then proceeded to suggest that converting everything to
python and using pybugz is a cakewalk (obviosuly without offering to
even start the work).

> But you should also
> respect their preferences. Each one of us has its personal way of
> dealing with his/her bugs (based on some loose standards and
> policies).

Sure. Preferences are great. Until said preferences mean that bugs that
_are_ 100% valid get closed, repeatedly, without being looked at.

Let's make an example. In the recent past, an update to binutils broke
some of the libbfd (the library coming with it) users as headers were
changed around. How many copies of the same bug do you think one has to
file before policies should overrule preferences?
(and this is not a matter of just refusing the log, it's refusing the
_bug_ which is extremely easy to reproduce).

> If someone doesn't like your way of submitting logs then
> just accept it. It is not like they go and remove your tinderbox links
> from bugs/packages they don't maintain.

Actually, that happened as well. Maybe you should actually review facts
before posting sure that you know that's going on. Just saying.

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
flamee...@flameeyes.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/