On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 4:08 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoar...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> +1. I want these profiles to *staty*. I am using this profile on my
> "home boxes". It is the most minimal profile as the rest of the
> profiles pull in too much useless stuff. What is wrong with these
> profiles anyway?

Looking at the actual profiles themselves, using server vs the base
profile makes these changes:
USE="-perl -python snmp truetype xml"

So, you're getting less perl/python support, but you're getting snmp,
truetype, and xml.

I think overall you'd get a more minimal setup with the base profile,
and if you really want -perl/-python you could just set those in your
USE.  I'd think that your home box would be more likely to benefit
from perl/python support on packages than having snmp support.  But,
to each his own...

I'd be all for there being an actual minimal profile, but I don't
think server really is that.

Rich