On 10/18/2012 09:09 PM, Ryan Hill wrote:
> Anyways, we're seriously getting off topic here.  I don't think anyone
> objected to removing the EAPI 0 requirement for system packages (and in
> reality no one follows it anyways.

An EAPI 0 requirement for system packages is just silly these days.

>  Even portage is EAPI 3).

For the recored, stable portage is EAPI 2, and there wasn't much choice
in the matter since portage depends on python-2.6 which uses EAPI 2 (and
we don't want EAPI 0 or 1 package managers pulling in a portage which
depends on a python with an unsupported EAPI).
--
Thanks,
Zac