On 1 November 2012 21:50, Jamie Learmonth <jamie-li...@boxlightmedia.com> wrote:
> Firstly, why are you guys always so mad,

We're not, honestly. But you do see some of the worst we can do on
this list (which is why some people tend to ignore this list). Altho
on the other hand, some of the best cooperation happens here too.

> For many packages
> and systems (in this day and age of personal computing power) the advantage
> of source or not bundling is negligible

So go use a binary distro. You're always welcome to come back when you
find out that building from source and not bundling libs does have
significant advantages.

> So how about we transform this distro into one where decisions are made on
> real world benefits, not purist ideals, and technical giants help each other
> to make breakthroughs unimaginable to others because they are smarter, work
> together, and the most kick-ass geeks on this interweb.

That is exactly what we are trying to do. But people (being human)
don't always agree on how to do that, and which benefits have more
priority. So sometimes there is a bit of rough and tumble before we
get things sorted out.

> I want to keep using Gentoo because the team effing rocks!

Just say 'fucking' like a real man, or don't say it at all...

--
Cheers,

Ben | yngwin
Gentoo developer
Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin