Over the years, I've come to be the maintainer a huge number of
packages (~300 or so, and I just gave up ~100 of those back to relevant
herds). Many of them are from inheriting packages when other developers
have retired - the upstream may also be dead, but there is nothing that
supersedes the functionality of the package, so if I use it, it lives.

If you're a developer waiting for an action on one of them, and you've
attached a fix to a bug, you should mostly feel free to go ahead any
just apply your patch. If you break it, I'll hunt you down.

Exceptions:
dev-db/mariadb, dev-db/mysql - mysql herd
MogileFS,  Perlbal - me
sys-libs/db - base-system
LVM - please be careful!

Packages where I am the upstream:
app-admin/diradm
app-shells/localshell
sys-apps/readahead-list
dev-perl/WattsUp-Daemon

Packages sent for lastrite:
dev-vcs/gitosis-gentoo
dev-vcs/gitosis

Here's a list of every package where I'm a maintainer and there is no
herd listed (but their might be other maintainers):
app-admin/cancd
app-arch/duff
app-arch/unadf
app-backup/mirdir