On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 3:37 PM, Rafael Goncalves Martins
<rafaelmart...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Rich Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 11:52 AM, Rafael Goncalves Martins
>> <rafaelmart...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>>> Yeah, but I think that there's a big difference about any developer
>>> being allowed to create a project under the gentoo umbrella and create
>>> a project and claim it as Gentoo sponsored without any review of the
>>> council. I agree that it can exists in the Github account, or even in
>>> our own infrastructure, but say that Gentoo supports it without a
>>> previous analysis of the council is wrong IMHO.
>>
>> In practice there is no difference.  About the only "sponsorship"
>> Gentoo projects get most of the time is hosting, and considering that
>> they stuck this one on Github they're not really even getting that.
>>
>> That said, I see no reason why this project would be any less eligible
>> for other forms of sponsorship than other projects are, assuming that
>> somebody can make a compelling pitch for the Trustees.  The Foundation
>> is aimed to further Gentoo in particular in FOSS in general, so
>> obviously we don't spend a lot on individual projects.  When we do it
>> tends to be in proportion to how it benefits the entire community, and
>> I'm sure that community sentiments would be balanced accordingly.
>> However, there aren't "real" projects and "wanna-be" projects in
>> Gentoo.
>>
>> Rich
>>

> Hmm, pretty cool! Then I can create a stupid project, put it on gentoo
> infra and claim it as being Gentoo sponsored. Good to know, thanks!

Just to make it clear: I'm not saying that any of the people involved
with udev-ng/eudev/whatever, or even the project itself, is stupid. I
was just interpreting rich0's answer.

Do whatever you people want, I'll stop caring about this topic.

Best Regards,

--
Rafael Goncalves Martins
Gentoo Linux developer