On Sun, Nov 18, 2012 at 07:11:13PM -0800, Greg KH wrote

> And note, Kay and Lennart are _not_ treating udev as a second-class
> citizen.

  I said *STAND-ALONE* udev.  Please re-read the two posts...
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2012-August/006066.html
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/systemd-devel/2012-July/006065.html

> It's required for systemd to work properly, and other distros (like
> Ubuntu), use it for their systems to work properly in a stand-alone
> manner.  So breaking that will not happen, lots of people will ensure
> that that does not happen, myself included.

  Kay and company have been rather cavalier in breaking systems in the
past.  Richard Yao is working on an insurance policy, just in case Kay
and company do it again.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>
We are apparently better off trying to avoid udev like the plague.