On 18.11.2012 6.28, Greg KH wrote:

> Also, you can not assign copyright to a third party, unless you have a
> copyright assignment form.  Do the developers doing this work have such
> a form assigned?  And in what country and state is that form valid for?
> Different countries, and states, have different laws here, and
> one-form-fits-all is not true anywhere.

Finnish law doesn't require transferring author's rights to be done with
a written form. Of course it's prudent to have some kind of a permanent
record about it (you need to be explicit about rights to modify and
transfer to third parties). I agree that this is a complex issue and
best left to lawyers if you want to do a thing like this globally.

Regards,
Petteri