Michael Mol wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 8:31 AM, Matt Turner <matts...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 11:05 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.dun...@cox.net> wrote:
>> My point is that you consistently write long essays that I, and
>> apparently most others, don't bother to read. I'm not sure if you're
>> aware of this.
>>
>> Someone said on IRC this morning in response to this thread
>>
>>> the tragic thing is that guy would be able to make valuable contributions
>>> if it weren't for the excessive length of his mails
>> So, your emails are way too long. A huge percentage of recipients
>> don't bother to read them. I don't know whether you just enjoy writing
>> (you must!) or if you hope to actually be heard, but as it stands now
>> you're not being heard by most.
>>
> I dunno. I read them.
>
> Duncan, I think the clue here, though, is that you should start a
> blog. I'd read that, too. :)
>

> --
> :wq

Me too.  He does give a history of why things are the way they are when
he writes.  Sometimes that history gives context and good reasoning.  I
might also add, some people write short emails then have responses that
request more info.  I think Duncan just heads those off and makes his
point the first time around.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!