On Mon, Jan 07, 2013 at 04:34:09PM +0200, Maxim Kammerer wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 3:31 AM, Robin H. Johnson <robb...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > Thereafter, I'd also like to deploy DANE and SSH
> > fingerprints in DNS, and remove our reliance any elements of the CA
> > chain.
> Isn't DANE highly experimental and only supported by a couple of
> browser plugins?
RFCs so far:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6698
http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6394

Firefox:
Plugin needed:
https://os3sec.org/

Chrome:
Already included in stock, see
http://www.imperialviolet.org/2011/06/16/dnssecchrome.html

> Also, how widespread is client DNSSEC support? E.g.,
> I enabled DNSSEC for my domain, but not sure yet whether DNS
> resolution anywhere will fail in case DNS responses are spoofed.
Most resolvers support it, but many have validation turned off :-(.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
E-Mail     : robb...@gentoo.org