On Sat, Jan 19, 2013 at 3:18 AM, Ben de Groot <yng...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> I'm not sure whether we need to keep cups at all.
> I haven't printed anything from my personal PC or laptop in years.

As a user, I'ld say this wb a very unpopular move with some of us.
I rarely use my 2nd-hand 1995 printer, but sometimes it is essential :
eg I now need to print letters to  2  friends abroad who don't have e-mail
& occasionally I need to print forms downloaded from the Internet
for tax purposes or to get mail-in refunds on things I bought.
I don't have access to an office printer
& when last asked, my neighbour reported his printer "broken".

Please continue to support Cups.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca