On 01/22/2013 01:22 AM, Markos Chandras wrote:
> On 22 January 2013 03:56, Zac Medico <zmed...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> On 01/21/2013 07:45 PM, Mike Gilbert wrote:
>>> My suspicion is that portage's environment save/restore process will
>>> overwrite any setting I attempt to make on the destination host.
>>
>> If necessary, you can use /etc/portage/bashrc to override
>> CONFIG_CHECK_FATAL for binary packages. Something like this would work:
>>
>>   [[ ${EMERGE_FROM} == binary ]] && CONFIG_CHECK_FATAL=0
>> --
>> Thanks,
>> Zac
>>

> I guess the problem is when you create a binpkg and not when you
> install it on the target. <wild idea> Would it be possible to make
> this nonfatal if FEATURES contains "binpkg" or -B was passed to
> emerge?</wild idea>

The closest thing that PMS has defined is the MERGE_TYPE variable, which
is supported since EAPI 4. This variable has 3 possible values: source,
buildonly, or binary. Ebuilds can detect emerge --buildpkgonly by
checking for [[ ${MERGE_TYPE} == buildonly ]]. However, for normal
--buildpkg or FEATURES="buildpkg", the MERGE_TYPE is "source".
--
Thanks,
Zac