В письме от 23 января 2013 08:03:56 пользователь Alexis Ballier написал:
> On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 09:24:26 +0100
>
> Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> > > I don't like that at all.
> > > I'd go for ABI= the union of all the MULTILIB_ABIS variables (if
> > > there is no name collision)
> > > we certainly want skype to depend on libitneeds[abi_x86], not
> > > 'amd64? ( libitneeds[abi_amd64_x86] ) x86? ( libitneeds )'
> >
> > Just a quick idea.
> >
> > How would you feel about abi_x86_32? (similarly _64, _x32)
> >
> > That would be almost natural names with the trick variable being
> > ABI_X86, therefore having all the fore-mentioned advantages.
> >
> > The deps would look like:
> >   libitneeds[abi_x86_32]
>
> Sounds good too, I just would want it to be shared between arches that
> can: amd64/x86/x32, ppc/ppc64, mips, sparc32/sparc64, etc.
> You mean you will hide ABI_X86 USE_EXPAND on non-x86 arches, right ?
> This would have all the benefits I think, very good idea :)
>
> Alexis.

Shared abi names are bad idea. For example
mips abis :
o32
n32
n64
eabi
x86:
x86_32
x86_x32
x86_64

Actualy first three one are equivalent in their internal behavior. But i dont
think that its good idea to have one name for all. Think about multiarch
installs where you can have binaries from different architectures in one
system.
--
Best Regards,
Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov