On Sun, 2013-02-03 at 06:07 +0100, Vaeth wrote:
> So this 30 day delay will enable these people to get involved,
> especially for all the packages which were removed in the last years?
> Now it is apparent that an archive for dropped packages (in the
> form of keeping masked packages or some other form) is not needed:
> I want to join your club with the time machine!

If you want an automatic archive for dropped packages, MAKE ONE! Get a
domain name, rent a VPS with lots of disc space, subscribe a mail
account to gentoo-dev, write a small script that parses last-rites
announcements and automatically archives the affected ebuilds and their
sources.

You have to realize that there are only three ways to get something done
in the non-commercial open-source space:
1. convince someone else that it's fun;
2. convince someone else that it's important; or
3. do it yourself.

We the Gentoo developers strongly believe that this project is not fun
and not important. So if want dropped packages to be automatically
archived, I suggest that you volunteer for the job of automatically
archiving them.

-Alexandre.