On 6 February 2013 13:55, Diego Elio Pettenò <flamee...@flameeyes.eu> wrote:
> On 06/02/2013 14:52, Markos Chandras wrote:
>> I see a lot of inconsistencies in the init scripts. Some of them are
>> using /var/run, others use /run. I just checked my box, and there is
>> no /var/run although some init scripts are trying to use it. Which one
>> is the correct one and why do we have both? The following guide only
>> mentions /var/run
>
> We should be migrating to /run at this point.
>
> http://goo.gl/hrWcN
>
> --
> Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
> flamee...@flameeyes.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/

Thanks. Would it made sense to symlink /var/run -> /run so we don't
end up with stable entries in /var/run directory? Some of my init
scripts appear to reported as "crashed" whereas the process is running
just fine. I suspect this is because a stale entry is in /var/run
directory (or /run I am not sure)

--
Regards,
Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer