On Sat, 9 Feb 2013 09:15:03 -0300
Alexis Ballier <aball...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> I hope this will be trivial to most of you but after seeing bug #455900
> and the vast majority of developers not even thinking twice before
> sedding their dep strings, I believe this needs some attention.

As a note for those who get irritated with those webkit-gtk:

       --ignore-built-slot-operator-deps < y | n >
              Ignore the slot/sub-slot := operator parts of dependencies that
have been
              recorded  when  packages  where  built.  This option is intended
only for
              debugging purposes, and it  only  affects  built  packages  that
specify
              slot/sub-slot := operator dependencies which are supported
beginning with
              EAPI 5.

Sadly, there's probably no way to ignore them only for cases when they
are completely useless, leaving the meaningful uses alone.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny