On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 9:23 AM, Pacho Ramos <pa...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> I would like to ask about adding "systemd" USE flag to use.stable.mask
> to let us stop needing to revbump packages with optional systemd support
> when stabilizing them.
>
> Are you ok with that?

Am I interpreting the impacts of this correctly?  I believe this would
mean that if you ran systemd on an otherwise-stable system (that is,
only systemd and possibly udev are in package.keywords) then you won't
get systemd support in any of your other packages, even if it is
available in a stable version of that package?  My only VM running
systemd just happens to be in that configuration, but I'm willing to
admit that I'm a bit of an edge case.  :)

Why exactly do we need to revbump packages with optional systemd
support when stabilizing them in the first place?  ~arch users would
already have systemd support compiled if they use it, and stable users
would get it when it is stabilized.

I freely admit that there might be some nuance that I'm simply not
getting here...

Rich