On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 01:34:47 +0100
hasufell <hasuf...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Some people seem to feel uncomfortable with autotools-multilib,
> because it depends on autotools-utils.

To be honest, I don't particularly like autotools-utils, I tend to
consider it a useless bloat. However, Michal's work on
autotools-multilib is IMHO the right thing to do: If you use the
autotools-utils syntax then it's trivial to support multilib without
useless duplication of code.
I still believe such an eclass as the one you propose is useful, except
it's not for autotools (at best temporary for broken autotools based
build systems): For example, I have no clue how to do multilib with
waf-based build systems without going the 'copy $S and run the usual
src_* phases in each directory for each ABI', which is what your eclass
is abstracting I think.

A.