On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 20:52:45 +0100
Sebastian Pipping <sp...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Looks like great work so far.
>

> On 11.02.2013 01:20, Michał Górny wrote:
> > Secondly, I'd like to make it clear that the old python.eclass is
> > 'almost' deprecated. We're in process of converting the in-tree
> > packages to use the new eclasses but that's a lot of work [3].
> >
> > [..]
> >
> > [3]:http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/python-r1/conversion.xhtml
>
> I wonder what would be the best way to help with conversion for devs
> with a few hours to contribute?

Write docs ;). We need more complete, cleaner docs.

>  - Where does one go for peer review and how many eyes should be on
>    related commits?

I guess #gentoo-python would be a good place. Look for me or floppym
especially.

>  - Should package "owners" be contacted in all cases?

Well, I assumed that packages in Python herd can be converted without
contacting other maintainers. For other packages, I opened a bug.

>  - Are there any conversion sprints already or in the future?

No. To be honest, I dislike unnecessary rush. The migration is a good
moment to find bugs in Python ebuilds and fix them. Well, definitely
better than 'review Python-related code' bugs :P.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny