On Sun, 03 Mar 2013 16:47:43 +0100
Thomas Sachau <to...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Alexis Ballier schrieb:
> > On Sun, 03 Mar 2013 14:02:58 +0100
> > Thomas Sachau <to...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> Once the eclass has per-ABI header
> >
> > I think this is needed.
> >
> >> and binaries support,
> >
> > but here, could you enlighten me on its use cases ? I can't imagine
> > why having multi binaries support would be useful.
> >
> > Alexis.
> >

> At least some binaries do have abi-specific output, which is used by
> other applications. As a good example of this, have a look at qmake
> and qmake based build systems.

hmm, qmake doesnt seem to be the perfect example: how do you handle
this?

- install qmake-${abi}
- ln -s qmake-${DEFAULT_ABI} qmake
- modify eqmake4 to call the right qmake when doing multilib?

this sounds hackish for a behavior that doesn't make much sense to me
(its an upstream problem here); the glxinfo example seems perfectly
valid though.

Alexis.