On Wed, May 01, 2013 at 12:10:33AM -0400, Alexandre Rostovtsev wrote
> On Tue, 2013-04-30 at 23:26 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 11:17:35PM -0400, Alexandre Rostovtsev wrote
> >
> > > It impacts users who use stable keywords and are therefore stuck with
> > > GNOME-2.32. The workaround is for affected users to switch to ~arch
> > > keywords (note that GNOME-3.x ebuilds in ~arch get vastly more care and
> > > attention from us than the theoretically stable GNOME-2.32).
> > >
> > > And the real solution is to finally stabilize some release of GNOME-3.x
> >
> >   Thanks for the info.  I didn't realize that stable was that far
> > behind.  Now to see how much I have to keyword.
>
> If you want a ready-to-use package.keywords file for GNOME 3, we have
> one in the gnome overlay that is reasonably well-maintained:
>
> http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=proj/gnome.git;a=blob;f=status/portage-configs/package.keywords.gnome3

  I think I just realized what this means.  I run ICEWM, not GNOME.
GNUMERIC and ABIWORWD and GIMP are the 3 GNOME apps that I use a lot.
Do I have to emerge GNOME-BASE in it's entirety just to get GSettings
working?

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>