Markos Chandras schrieb:
> On 21 May 2013 13:21, Thomas Sachau <to...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> "Paweł Hajdan, Jr." schrieb:
>>> Remember this is supposed to _help_ Gentoo. You can opt out of the bugs
>>> (there is a package name and maintainer name regex in the script). You
>>> don't need to "hunt them down" - if you do nothing another script will
>>> just CC arches after 30 days.
>>>
>>> Paweł
>>>

>> Uhm, automagic stabilization without maintainer ok? This sounds like a
>> bad idea.
>>
>> Doing a batch CC-ing after maintainer gave his ok or anything similar,
>> which starts, when someone actually aproved the stable going is all ok,
>> but doing this automaticly may get packages become stable, which are not
>> intended to become so and should have never been there.
>>
>> --
>>
>> Thomas Sachau
>> Gentoo Linux Developer
>>

> If you don't read your bugmail in 30 days then that is a different
> problem. I like the way Paweł handles this at the moment. 30 days is
> enough time for active maintainers to object. We just can't afford
> waiting months for inactive maintainers to act.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Markos Chandras - Gentoo Linux Developer
> http://dev.gentoo.org/~hwoarang

So you are a perfect human with a perfect computer and a perfect
environment? :-)

For everyone else, there are already enough possible issues with the
starting point of the bug mails (mail accidently deleted by user or some
spam setup, read mail, planned for later, forget or just planned to keep
the stable request bug open for some later stabilization time etc).

So again: I accept opt-in solutions, but opt-out is a no go for stable
request bugs.

And if a maintainer is not responding within 30 days, you can ping him
or, without a response, try to get a different maintainer. Just assuming
that a stable request is ok without a maintainer response is really not
a good idea.

--

Thomas Sachau
Gentoo Linux Developer