On 06/01/13 02:37, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> See attached the draft news item for MySQL/MariaDB dropping PBXT
> support.
from the draft:
"All users who have data stored in PBXT-backed tables should convert the
tables to another format before upgrading to MySQL/MariaDB 5.5, as the
tables will otherwise become inaccessible. "

s/before/BEFORE/

it should be very visible.

Also, is it possible to halt the merge into filesystem if some PBXT
tables exists in ${MY_DATADIR}?
Not that I like it but maybe users prefer this to be forced to downgrade
after.

> I would like to drop the blocks into the tree not later than June 3rd.
> I think it should affect very few users, as PBXT was a niche feature.
>
> This should clear us to get MySQL/MariaDB 5.5 into stable.

nice!