On 06/03/2013 03:32 AM, Tom Wijsman wrote:
On Sun, 02 Jun 2013 17:41:21 -0700
Zac Medico <zmed...@gentoo.org> wrote:

I'll answer to some parts with what I think the user might think; I
know the answer to most of those, but the user might not.

The news item now includes a link to this wiki page which we can use to answer all of the questions that may arise:

  http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Preserve-libs

Besides these questions, the transition from revdep-rebuild to
@preserved-rebuild may be worth a note as well; if I remember correctly
you have to do one last revdep-rebuild when you enable this feature, or
in other words preserve-libs won't detect present inconsistencies. I
feel like this should probably be documented as well, as part of
mentioning that this is intended to replace revdep-rebuild...

Yeah. The news item now advises the user that it's a good practice to run revdep-rebuild anyway, just to be safe.
--
Thanks,
Zac