On 06/15/2013 02:34 PM, Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov wrote:
> 15.06.2013 18:50, Diego Elio Pettenò пишет:
>> Over my dead CVS access.
> Any reasonable/argumented objection?

to put in different words:

We do not want to use untraceable/transient/ephemeral sources for main
ebuilds, live ebuilds are corner cases. Ruby related stuff had it worst
regarding mis-packaging and total reliance on git with horrid stories
they might tell you later over a large coffee.

> And, anyway, quoted part is optional behaviour that should just make
> ebuild-writing easy.
> Mandatory part is to be able to have restrict://foo.bar and downloadable
> things at the same time.

In fact the restrict part got some proposals and not a terse and stern
reject.

lu