Am Dienstag, 6. August 2013, 11:26:16 schrieb William Hubbs:
> On Mon, Aug 05, 2013 at 10:09:54PM +0000, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> > I'm replying the start of this thread, rather than picking a single
> > person to respond to. I DO want more brainstorming on ideas for the
> > naming of the package, and I think people need to cast a wider net for
> > naming ideas.
>
> Robin, I would like the decision to be made soon. I need to release
> OpenRc-0.12 in the next day or so, and if I do not have the answer I
> will have to do the split in OpenRc-0.13.
>
> I thought of a name based on your last suggestion and a comment on the
> list. Instead of networkrc, maybe netifrc (network interface rc).
>
> So, my choices, in no particular order, would be, netifrc, networkrc or,
> if neither of those fly, keep gentoo-oldnet.
>
> If we change away from gentoo-oldnet, we will need to open an
> infrastructure bug to change the name of the overlay, the bugzilla
> account and the component in bugzilla before we can take bugs for the
> new package.
>
> Thoughts anyone?

My 2¢:

* Keep a simple but straight forward and technical name
* Do not use *rc as this implies an "oldschool" configuration filename

Some more suggestions:

* openrc-net (if it is coupled to openrc)
* rcnet
* gentoo-networking
* gentoo-netconf
* netconf

Or maybe

* larry-net ;-)

-Marc
--
0x35A64134 - 8AAC 5F46 83B4 DB70 8317  3723 296C 6CCA 35A6 4134