On 08/09/2013 12:27 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 5:30 AM, hasufell <hasuf...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>> On 08/09/2013 09:36 AM, Gilles Dartiguelongue wrote:
>>> It is not a regression if a new version of gnome mrequires systemd
>>> and does not work with OpenRc; it is a design choice.
>>
>> We are not just talking about random ebuild features here that have been
>> dropped. It's a MAJOR feature. And it _matters_ for gentoo. So it IS a
>> _regression_.
>
> How does not supporting OpenRC matter for Gentoo?

The question puzzles me. For one it is
* an implementation of virtual/service-manager which is in @system
* it is the default init system in stage3
* OpenRC is developed by gentoo devs, which means we especially want to
make/keep it a usable tool. If we can't, then there is a regression. It
doesn't matter whose fault it is. This is not about blame.