On Fri, Aug 09, 2013 at 08:27:23AM +0800, Patrick Lauer wrote

> What makes this situation so difficult is that it's not a single
> random package, but one of the bigger desktop environments that
> has painted itself into a corner. (Plus an uncooperative upstream,
> so all the "blame" gets thrown at the gentoo maintainers from both
> sides. Awesome way to destroy crew morale :) )

  I don't think you realize what you're asking for.  This is a lot more
than just a few patches.  You're effectively asking for fork of GNOME,
just like eudev has forked from udev.  GNOME forks already exist.  Just
off the top of my head... XFCE, Cinnamon, Consort, Mint, Mate, Kate,
Unity, etc, etc.  If you don't like GNOME, try one of them.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>