On 14/08/13 17:56, Peter Stuge wrote:
> Luca Barbato wrote:
>>> [3] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/gerrit
>>
>> And all boils down to the fact gerrit needs to be fixed to take
>> patches from a mailing list
>
> Usually Gerrit just needs an OpenID in order to accept git push via SSH.
>
> That seems significantly better to me than parsing emails.

# git-way:

git commit ...

git send-email -10 --compose --to patc...@project.org

# gerrit-way:

Register with gerrit

Install the magic gerrit commit hooks

OR

Figure out how you should push your try

## Then we have feedbacks and we want to provide updates

# git-way:

Read the email comments

git rebase -i

git send-email -8 --compose --in-reply-to --to patc...@project.org

# gerrit-way

Follow the links to the website with the comments.

Read the documentation again since you will forget how to push stuff in
gerrit, hope the commit hook you have manages the rebase and push again.

---

Gerrit probably can be nice if you are used to it, you always have a
browser open and you do not have a wast mean to move from your mail
client to your git (people with emacs would explain better, I use vim
and thunderbird and yet I'm quicker in addressing projects using the git
email approach than those that use gerrit.

lu