Hi all,

Since it's been nearly a year since I last sent this email (and I got poked
with a stick about this), it's time for a reminder. I hope that in future, if
we get a non-maintainer update GLEP [1], this will become unneeded, as it can
be on api.gentoo.org.

1. http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/86359

Over the years, I've come to be the maintainer a huge number of packages (300+)
Many of them are from inheriting packages when other developers have retired -
the upstream may also be dead, but there is nothing that supersedes the
functionality of the package, so if I use it, it lives.

If you're a developer waiting for an action on one of them, and you've attached
a fix to a bug, you should mostly feel free to go ahead any just apply your
patch. If you break it, I'll hunt you down.

If you think you want to take over the package instead, or it should go for
last-rites/tree-cleaners etc; please claim it here or drop me an email; or for
the last category: just take it and leave a note.

Notable changes from last year:
- I'm releasing mogilefs and perlbal.
- new category of stuff people are welcome to take.

Exceptions:
dev-db/mariadb, dev-db/mysql - mysql herd
sys-libs/db - base-system
sys-fs/lvm2 - please be careful!

Packages where I am the upstream, and feature requests probably won't go far
without large good patches:
app-admin/diradm
app-shells/localshell
sys-apps/readahead-list
dev-perl/WattsUp-Daemon

Packages for tree-cleaner consideration:
dev-vcs/gitosis
dev-vcs/gitosis-gentoo
net-mail/vqadmin

Here's a list of every package where I'm a maintainer and there is no herd
listed (but their might be other maintainers), and I slightly care about the
package:
app-admin/cancd
app-arch/duff
app-arch/unadf
app-backup/mirdir
app-crypt/af_alg
app-crypt/gpg-ringmgr
app-crypt/mhash
app-misc/ddccontrol
app-misc/egads
app-misc/g15composer
app-misc/g15daemon
app-misc/g15macro
app-misc/g15message
app-misc/g15stats
app-misc/gcalcli
app-text/sloccount
app-text/unrtf
dev-libs/libg15
dev-libs/libg15render
dev-libs/libmcal
dev-libs/libmelf
dev-libs/libmemcache
dev-libs/libmemcached
dev-python/google-api-python-client
dev-vcs/cvs2svn
dev-vcs/git
net-analyzer/ipaudit
net-analyzer/ipv6-toolkit
net-analyzer/poink
net-analyzer/raddump
net-analyzer/sslsniff
net-analyzer/thrulay
net-dns/ndu
net-misc/adjtimex
net-misc/aggregate
net-misc/aggregate-flim
net-misc/ifenslave
net-misc/memcached
net-misc/netdate
net-misc/nstx
net-misc/pcapfix
net-nds/nsscache
net-wireless/bss
net-wireless/spectools
sys-apps/clrngd
sys-apps/input-utils
sys-apps/linux-misc-apps
sys-apps/usbmon
sys-auth/icmpdn
sys-auth/nss_ldap
sys-block/btrace
sys-block/fio
sys-block/scsiping
sys-block/scsirastools
sys-block/seekwatcher
sys-block/tw_cli
sys-power/iasl
sys-power/nut
sys-power/pmtools
sys-process/audit

Items in this list, you're welcome to take them, just leave a note; they will
still work last I checked, and I do use them occasionally, but I'm not fussy
about them.
app-emulation/qenv
app-misc/dnetc
app-misc/interceptty