On 8 November 2013 08:55, Rémi Cardona <r...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Le jeudi 07 novembre 2013 à 10:44 +0100, Alexis Ballier a écrit :
>> in short: if a package requires version X then the ebuild should require
>> version X; it can be forgotten but it's a bug.
>
> That _is_ our policy.

Since this thread was deemed necessary, apparently it's not.
Or at least not clearly stated.

> Ebuilds should - at the very least - mirror what
> upstream's build script requires.

And they do. Strictly spoken, we do not support ebuilds / versions
that are not (or no longer) in the tree. If the user chooses to use
ebuilds / versions we don't support, they are on their own.

That said, we can do it as a courtesy to users, when it is brought
to our attention. But it's more of an "enhancement" than a bug,
in my opinion.

--
Cheers,

Ben | yngwin