On 14 November 2013 13:13, Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Dnia 2013-11-14, o godz. 07:49:55
> Patrick Lauer <patr...@gentoo.org> napisał(a):
>
>> On 11/13/2013 11:02 PM, Ian Stakenvicius wrote:
>>
>> > It's also worth pointing out that the whole reason why abi_x86_32 is
>> > {package.,}use.stable.masked is because trying to manage the partial
>> > transisition between emul-* and multilib-build dependencies
>>
>> ^^
>>
>> Why is there a partial random transition with no roadmap, no coordination?
>
> https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Multilib_porting_status
>
> That's the closest thing to a roadmap.

Closest thing, yeah. But it doesn't really solve the problem. It's
basically a one-man show, but affecting a large part of the tree,
going ahead like a steam roller that can't be stopped, never mind the
road kill.

>> Well, discussing it properly would also maybe have been a good idea, but
>> since this is now getting unilaterally hammered in it's mostly about
>> damage limitation now ...
>
> And how is it possible to discuss anything properly in Gentoo?

That's because we have no proper leadership. We're an anarchistic
collection of people working at cross-purposes at the best of times.
There is no direction, and very little accountability.

--
Cheers,

Ben | yngwin
Gentoo developer