Tom Wijsman wrote:
> I'm not sure if making broken (or experimental) things more easily
> available or a suggestion would be a good idea; people already have
> enough trouble as it is, adding more doesn't seem to be the right way.

It's not about broken/experimental, it's about the logical
consequences of an explicit action taken by the user.

The user must get feedback based on what they said that they wanted
to do, not based on what is experimental.

Mentioning that something is experimental is an optional bonus, but
assuming that the user already knows that this is the case is OK too.

portage should say, with as similar wording as possible:

"If you want to emerge libXt with those USE flags then you'll also
have to set those same USE flags for libYt and libZt because libXt
DEPENDs on them."

Bonus points:

"Would you like me to set those USE flags for libYt and libZt for
you? [Y/n]"

//Peter