On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 06:48:30AM -0500, Rich Freeman wrote:

> Having 47 devs agree with you doesn't really accomplish
> much if none of them care to maintain the package in question.

Well, I would kinda hope that if 47 devs told 1 dev they were making a
poor design decision, that 1 dev would reconsider their position...

So, do you have any opinion on running a daemon in the foreground in
debug mode with stderr hardcoded to a specific file then backgrounding it
at the service start level to work around a delay issue caused by the
user explicitly requesting that the daemon perform an operation prior to
backgrounding itself?