On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 2:01 PM, hasufell <hasuf...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> I actually feel that some parts of this is not documentation, but rather
> "wiki". So maybe that's exactly where to put it?
>
> The doc in the eclass should only describe the behavior of the eclass
> and the main points you need to know in order to get it going.
>
> But it is not a strong feeling.

I think you're probably right... I'll endeavor to re-factor this patch
and put the wiki stuff into the wiki.

>> +# it is often best to put multilib-minimal first on the inherits
>> list.
>
> first? You mean last or what?

I definitely meant first -- the existing in-source doc said "last" but
I thought that must surely be a thinko... unless my understanding of
how inherits works is backwards -- the first, not the last, inheritee
gets the default phase-function implementations wired up to it,
correct?  I suppose another assumption I have, that, if not shared,
might be leading us to opposite conclusions, is that a majority of
inheritors would want the default phase function implementations to be
wired up to multilib-minimal...?

btw, based on the same criteria you mention above, some of what I've
said about the matter probably better belongs in the wiki rather than
the in-source doc.

-gmt