> El dom, 19-01-2014 a las 03:36 -0500, Mike Frysinger escribió:
>> you mean * ? this already works today (at least with portage):
>>       KEYWORDS="~*"
>>       KEYWORDS="*"

Currently not allowed by policy:
http://devmanual.gentoo.org/keywording/index.html

> I had no idea that existed :O, I guess something related with
> "specification" is missing? :/

Now what problem are we trying to solve? As I see it, it is mainly
one of manpower, namely that some arch teams cannot keep up with
stable requests, and I doubt that any technical solution will help
to solve this. Introducing a "noarch" keyword or allowing "*" will
potentially cause problems with dependency resolution.

Instead, we should come up with a clear set of rules under what
circumstances package maintainers are allowed to stabilise ebuilds
themselves on all architectures.

Ulrich