please check with maintainers, ie in this case me, before jumping in
and pushing, straight to stable, patches to the known to be fragile core
part of a whole herd... reviews below

On Sat, 18 Jan 2014 13:12:48 +0000 (UTC)
"Mark Wright (gienah)" <gie...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> gienah      14/01/18 13:12:48
>
>   Added:                ocaml-4.01.0-pkg-config-ncurses.patch
>                         ocaml-3.11.2-Fix-ocamlopt-w.r.t.-binutils-2.21.patch

in case you hadn't noticed there is a patchset held in gentoo cvs
repo, please remove those files and make them fit in the workflow

>   Log:
>   Fix bug #459512 - dev-lang/ocaml with sys-libs/ncurses[tinfo]
> - .../work/ocaml-4.00.1/byterun/terminfo.c:54: undefined reference to
> 'tgetent', thanks to Reinis Danne for reporting (patch by me). Add
> virtual/pkg-config to DEPEND as the ocaml configure script calls
> pkg-config.

upstream link ?

patch lgtm but i would have liked to have time to have a word to say...
I doubt that this tinfo thing has suddenly become ultra urgent

> Apply patch from upstream for upstream bug
> http://caml.inria.fr/mantis/view.php?id=5237 to ocaml-3.11.2.

ocaml 3.11 is still there only because of a slacking arch and has most
likely other issues, you're wasting your time there :)