On 03/26/2014 09:32 AM, Samuli Suominen wrote:
On 22/03/14 08:13, Mike Frysinger wrote:
On Fri 28 Feb 2014 15:28:30 Samuli Suominen wrote:
It would be very helpful if INSTALL_MASK could be overriden from an
ebuild, if user hasn't set otherwise.
i don't see this happening as it makes no sense.  you INSTALL_MASK something
dumb then that's your fault.
-mike
agreed.

honestly, I agreed the whole time -- was just trying to satisfy group of
loud people, and now I have this ML thread I can point them to, which is
enough

I'm with Mike here. Let's not complicate this option. If someone does and INSTALL_MASK then they are doing it for a a reason and they should know what they are doing.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph.D.
Gentoo Linux Developer [Hardened]