On 04/06/2014 16:06, Joshua Kinard wrote:

>>> I've attached a first draft of virtual/sctp/sctp-0.ebuild, which
>>> passes repoman checks, but I think it needs to be made
>>> multilib-aware. Additionally, that means lksctp-tools probably needs
>>> some multilib-magic applied. I am not finding a solid guide on
>>> properly upgrading an ebuild to become multilib-aware. Can one of
>>> the multilib experts check things and let me know what is needed if
>>> people agree this is a good way to go down?
>>
>> This doesn't answer your multilib question, but I believe that
>> kernel_* is not needed in IUSE:
>>
>>> IUSE="kernel_linux kernel_FreeBSD static-libs"
>>
>> KERNEL is both in USE_EXPAND and USE_EXPAND_IMPLICIT of
>> profiles/base/make.defaults, therefore it's implicit in EAPI 5.
>
> Thanks, I removed those and IUSE as well, since it's empty.
>

>> I'd also omit all empty variable assignments (like HOMEPAGE=""),
>> they are no longer necessary.
>
> I derived this ebuild from virtual/udev's (as the leftover comment implied).
>  Someone might want to remove the empty vars there as well.  Perhaps repoman
> should check for empty vars like HOMEPAGE/SRC_URI/IUSE and flag as a warning?

Derp, since this is a virtual for a linkable library, set DEPEND first, then
RDEPEND to ${DEPEND}.

While FBSD is the only other official non-Linux port (I think OBSD/NBSD are
still only in Prefix?), should REQUIRED_USE be set to limit this virtual to
kernel_linux and kernel_FreeBSD?

Hmm, and further thinking, if we had a kFreeBSD variant, things would get
more interesting.  Someone would probably have to abstract the SCTP lib code
out of freebsd-lib to work in that environment, since everything would be
running on top of a glibc userland.  I wonder if Debian's run into that yet...

--
Joshua Kinard
Gentoo/MIPS

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us.  And
our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."

--Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic
# Copyright 1999-2014 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
# $Header: $

EAPI=5

DESCRIPTION="Virtual to select net-misc/lksctp-tools or sys-freebsd/freebsd-lib
for userland SCTP lib support"

SLOT="0"
KEYWORDS="~alpha ~amd64 ~mips ~ppc ~ppc64 ~sparc ~x86 ~amd64-fbsd ~sparc-fbsd
~x86-fbsd"

DEPEND="|| (
                kernel_linux? ( net-misc/lksctp-tools )
                kernel_FreeBSD? ( sys-freebsd/freebsd-lib )
        )"
RDEPEND="${DEPEND}"