Maxim Koltsov (maksbotan):
> # Copyright 1999-2014 Gentoo Foundation
> # Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
> # $Header:
> /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/games-strategy/openxcom/openxcom-1.0.0.ebuild,v 1.1
> 2014/06/14 16:15:27 maksbotan Exp $
>
> EAPI=5
>
> inherit cmake-utils games

eutils.eclass is missing, but you make use of doicon/domenu

> DESCRIPTION="An open-source reimplementation of the popular UFO: Enemy
> Unknown"
> HOMEPAGE="http://openxcom.org/";
> SRC_URI="http://openxcom.org/wp-content/uploads/downloads/2014/06/${P}.tar.gz";
>
> LICENSE="GPL-3"

There seem to be more licenses, at least I find ZLIB in loadpng.h.

> SLOT="0"
> KEYWORDS="~amd64 ~x86"
> IUSE="debug doc"
>
> RDEPEND="app-arch/unzip
>       >=dev-cpp/yaml-cpp-0.5.1
>       media-libs/libsdl

It is very uncommon that games work without any libsdl USE flag enabled.
Did you double check?

>       media-libs/sdl-gfx
>       media-libs/sdl-image

Sure we don't need any use flags here? I see resources that are png files.

>       media-libs/sdl-mixer"

The bug says something about intro music in different formats, yet we
don't have any USE flags for sdl-mixer. Did you test with all of them
disabled?

Further: Opengl is missing as a dependency. It directly links against it
and cmake checks for it.

> DEPEND="${RDEPEND}
>       doc? ( app-doc/doxygen )"
>
> DOCS=( README.txt )

add cmake-utils_src_prepare explicitly, otherwise we might face issues
wrt bug #513170 (games.eclass inherits base.eclass which exports
src_prepare)

> src_configure() {
>       mycmakeargs=(

why not make it "local mycmakeargs"?

>               "-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=${GAMES_PREFIX}"
>               "-DDATADIR=${GAMES_DATADIR}/${PN}"
>       )
>       cmake-utils_src_configure
> }
>
> src_compile() {
>       use doc && cmake-utils_src_compile doxygen
>       cmake-utils_src_compile
> }
>
> src_install() {
>       cmake-utils_src_install
>       use doc && dohtml -r "${CMAKE_BUILD_DIR}"/docs/html/*
>       doicon res/linux/icons/openxcom.svg

The modern way is to do:
doicon -s scalable res/linux/icons/openxcom.svg

and then update the icon cache, see games-action/trosh for an example
(and besides, it's an awesome game, lol)

>       domenu res/linux/openxcom.desktop
>
>       prepgamesdirs
> }
>
> pkg_postinst() {
>       games_pkg_postinst
>       elog "In order to play you need to copy GEODATA, GEOGRAPH, MAPS,
> ROUTES, SOUND,"
>       elog "TERRAIN, UFOGRAPH, UFOINTRO, UNITS folders from the original
> X-COM game to"
>       elog "${GAMES_DATADIR}/${PN}/data"

The above almost looks like it should also be in some kind of readme,
maybe use readme.gentoo here?

> }

Did you get a review from the games team?