Hi everyone,

This is a ppc/ppc64 issues, but I'm sending this to gentoo-dev@ because it seems to me that those herds are pretty scattered right:

1) The issue came up about restructuring the arch/powerpc profiles. There we have some ancient stuff like ppc64/32ul. I don't know why that's needed and it doesn't make much sense wrt the new direction multilib is going. I'd like to clean up those profiles. Any objections to removing ppc64/32ul, coalescing ppc64/64ul into just ppc64 and making whatever other tweaks are needed?

2) Can we try to get the ppc/ppc64 herds communicating more. I don't believe every team needs a lead but at least have a point of reference so we can communicate.

--
Anthony G. Basile, Ph. D.
Chair of Information Technology