> On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 7:38 AM, Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> >
> > The games team believes that they're binding. In fact, I recall one of
> > the team members remarking explicitly that they're going to alter
> > ebuilds that were committed without their approval.
> >
> > In fact, they did remove ebuilds from the tree in the past for this
> > reason [1].
> >
> > [1]:
> http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/games-strategy/openxcom/?hideattic=0
>
> This was 3 weeks ago, so certainly relevant.  Was this removal by
> mutual agreement (ie the games team and maksbotan ?
>
> Rich

No, I was not notified beforehand (or failed to recieve such notification,
it does not matter now). This was a proxied commit, I did a usual check of
the ebuild and found no problems. I admit that the ebuild was
not-so-compliant to games herd rules, though. Still, immediate removal
without notification and/or discussion did annoy me.
BTW, I fail to see the reason of move to games-engines, but that's another
issue.

--
Regards, Maxim.