On 07/30/2014 06:26 AM, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
On 07/29/14 22:16, Jack Morgan wrote:
On Sat, Jul 26, 2014 at 04:29:51PM -0400, Anthony G. Basile wrote:
On 07/26/14 09:44, Pacho Ramos wrote:
El sáb, 26-07-2014 a las 09:37 -0400, Anthony G. Basile escribió:
On 07/26/14 09:28, Pacho Ramos wrote:
El sáb, 26-07-2014 a las 14:55 +0200, Andreas K. Huettel escribió:
Am Samstag, 26. Juli 2014, 13:56:02 schrieb Pacho Ramos:

I guess we will need to wait for the next Council to officially decide to do this as it will be a big change for ppc* users :/ (I remember their action was needed for the move to testing of some arches and the
"package-by-package" proposal for others)

Also, I am not sure if any other arch teams (sparc, ia64?) would want to
get this policy too :| (I got ppc* because this concrete case ;))
At first this is an arch team decision. No need for the council.

(Given that in this case there is a responsive and addressable arch team...)

--

Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer

The problem is that blueness looks to be the only member currently
replying :/, I have checked their page and I see no team lead or
similar. Then, I am not sure how to get the ok to proceed or not :| (to prevent this from getting stalled and we keep trying stabilizing all the
things).

I remember from older thread (one related with udev stabilization), that
blueness was also the only one replying.

Yeah, not having a clear lead is a problem. No one wants to just make a
big decision on behalf of the team without making sure everyone is on
board.  Pacho, do you have access to timberdoodle? If so, join both
teams and just take the initiative and let any other "claimants" step
forward now.  BTW, taking the lead doesn't mean doing all the work
yourself.  I want to see ppc/ppc64 in good shape.  I'll be happy to
write scripts to do the demoting to ~ etc etc.

I don't even know about timberdoodle :(

I forwarded the mail to both alias (as I forgot first time), then,
hopefully they will review it :/

Will CC them again to this just now with this link to allow all to read
the full thread:
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.devel/92151

I think its clear who cares about ppc/ppc64.  If there are no
objections, I'll take the lead of those teams and see this plan
through.  I'll wait a few days for people to voice concerns. Then I'll
start by generating a list of all stable and testing packages on ppc and
ppc64.  I'll post then and then continue the conversation on just the
ppc and ppc64 lists.  Don't worry, I won't start dropping to ~ until we
have a concise plan and we're all on board.
  I don't think you can/should just take over the leadership of an arch.
Why not have meeting/discussion for team members. Especially since you
are proposing such a big change.

Thanks,

Okay, any members of the ppc team please speak up.   I'll wait a week.

I'm still trying to escape from grad school and getting married this fall, so my contributions have been limited at best, which is why I've been shying away from throwing in my two cents. That said, while I'd rather not just remove stable keywords until there's a reason, I have no problem with dropping keywords for stuff that is holding up stabilization bugs if that's what it takes for things to move forward. If you'd like to have a meeting about it, that's fine too.

-Joe